The Aftergrief Coaching Circle:
Weekly Meetings for Reflection, Connection, and Personal Growth
ONE-HOUR, ONLINE SESSIONS EVERY WEDNESDAY (Feb. – Aug.) with the choice to join either a morning or evening 12-member group.
PLUS…after each 60- minute session with Hope, you’re invited to stay online and get to know your cohorts better during an additional 30-minute open conversation between members.
DATES: Every Wednesday, beginning Feb. 3, 2021 through August 11, 2021
GROUP A: meets Wednesdays @ 10 am PST / 1 pm EST for 60 minutes
GROUP B: meets Wednesdays @ 5 pm PST / 8 pm EST for 60 minutes
MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE: 12 per group
Hello — I’m Hope Edelman, a grief and loss coach, and the bestselling author of Motherless Daughters and The AfterGrief.
I was 17 when my mother, Marcia, died of breast cancer. My father died, also of cancer, in 2005.
To anyone who asks, “Aren’t you over it yet?” I say, “That isn’t how it works.” If you’ve lost a loved one in the past, I’m guessing you know this, too.
It took me years to fully understand the echo effects of these losses. For much of that time I felt stuck, as if a piece of me had been left behind in adolesence.
It took me even longer — decades, really — to learn how to alchemize what I’d experienced into positive outcomes for myself and others. Revisiting, reframing, and revising my stories of loss were central to this process.
Now I’d like to share what I’ve learned with you — in a brand-new, six-month coaching program.
It’s the culmination of my four books about loss, and also my research on the topic for more than 25 years.
The first 24 people to enroll will be the very first people to have access to an innovative, new way of thinking about long-ago loss. And we’ll do this together, in a small group of committed and like-minded others.
I hope to meet you there!
Journey with a group of 12 and explore the aftergrief together.
The Aftergrief Coaching Circle is a 6-month, live, weekly experience that will both validate and normalize what you’ve been feeling for so long. It will offer a new framework for understanding how early loss shapes your responses, your choices, and your world view – and help you make new choices.
Most of all, you’ll meet others who understand all this, because they’ve experienced it, too.
For more than 25 years, I’ve been listening closely to stories of loss, love, and growth. From these encounters, I’ve recognized the need for a program specifically designed for people whose losses occurred in the past.
We need a place — an ongoing place — where we can be understood, and where we can come together over time to find meaning and purpose. Because that does take time.
This is why I’ve developed The Aftergrief Coaching Circle. In this Circle, we’ll:
- Treat the aftergrief as a holistic experience by honoring all Five Elements of Grief (emotional, cognitive/mental, social, physical, and spiritual).
- Lift you up at times of New, Old, and New Old Grief.
- Acknowledge and support you through any birthday, anniversaries, and major life transitions that may occur during the six months.
Connect with Hope and the small group for a deep dive into the power of the aftergrief.
For just $399/mo. you’ll receive:
- 60 minutes of weekly, online, small-group coaching customized to the needs of each group — 24 calls in total. You’re invited to attend these sessions live — and if you can’t, you’ll always receive a link to the recording to watch at your leisure later.
- Original, inventive coaching exercises I’ve developed over the years to help you identify, commit to, and create change in your life.
- Tried-and-true tips for revisiting, reframing, and revising your stories of loss into narratives that empower and strengthen you.
- The chance to interact LIVE each week — ask me questions in real time!
- An optional 30 minutes of group discussion time at the end of each hour-long session. I log off so you can get to know each other informally, but I leave a trained moderator in charge to help in case anyone has technical issues or questions that need my attention.
- All coaching materials, worksheets, videos, and recordings
- An innovative monthly structure that alternates coaching modules with Focus weeks.
- One whole session devoted to your story and your specific desires, during which Hope coaches you in real time.
- Inclusion in a small, supportive community that will listen without judgment, receive your story with curiosity and compassion, and travel these six months (and likely beyond!) as your partners and friends.
The Coaching Circle ALSO includes:
- Three one-one-one, 50-minute coaching sessions with Hope at times that work for you, during which you will set personal goals and create action plans for achieving them.
- Email access to Hope between sessions.
- Access to The Aftergrief Coaching Circle: a private online meeting chat board where you can share your story, ask questions, give and receive support, and forge new friendships.
- A personalized, signed copy of The Aftergrief
- ADDITIONAL pre-program group orientation call in January to introduce ourselves, discuss our desires, and align our expectations
- ADDITIONAL post-program session in mid-August to review the past six months and engage in a closing circle and ending rituals.